Early Windows 3 games at Microsoft
July 5, 2011
Posted by on
Just trying to gain an overview of the Windows 3 games written in 1990 by Microsoft employees. I’m ignoring those I know only within the Windows Entertainment Pack. Months are according to the time stamp of the versions I have.
- Taipei 3.10, May.
- Mines, June. This was a game of the older Relentless Logic type, where you have to cross the minefield diagonally. Little known, not widely distributed.
- WinChess, October.
- Space War!, August.
- Space Invaders. Never seen this one myself, know about it only because Hans Spiller mentions it on his website.
See the Duff Software post for details and screenshots.
Credited with others
These are all from June. In most the other credit goes to Curt Johnson.
- TicTacToe, three variants.
- Pipe Mania.
- Sissors, Rock, Paper.
- WinMine, several versions, last one (2.9) in July.
See the Curt Johnson post for details and screenshots. These are all from June.
- QUADominoes, July. This game is not credited in any way, not even hidden in the executable, but it was included in the WEP as TetraVex.